Choosing a fish

sh123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have been in the Marine hobby for almost 4 months now. I have several corals in my tank and they are thriving. I want to add a fish, but not sure what to add. I want a fish that will not be territorial and will not thus my coral. I do have a blenny and a Coby.

Any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*cough, cough* wrasses... [emoji12]

Everybody likes wrasses, with good reason. Peaceful, come in a variety of sizes and colors, active, sociable, easy to feed, etc.

Your tank is a bit on the smaller side for some species, but there are still quite a few smaller species you could choose from. Biggest caveat is that you need a mesh top, because they WILL jump. Not a matter of if, but when.

Besides wrasses, basslets are a great choice. A pair of percula clowns wouldn’t claim the entire tank like some clownfish, but they might try to host corals. Dwarf or long-nose hawkfish are personable and don’t usually bother corals too much.

Lots of choices :)

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned above, definitely the smaller Peaceful Wrasses. They are the most overlooked fish in the hobby by newbies. Halichoeres (ie Melanurus, Red Lined, Christmas, provided it's a Claudia). Flasher Wrasses and a smaller Fairy Wrasse would all be great choices. Be aware though that Halichoeres Wrasses will occasionally pick off inverts (not Corals though).

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back