Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay now I found these two skimmers used for around 90 usd each

the first one:
image;p=main.jpeg

this one has a Reef Octopus OTP-2000GT Needlewheel Pump the owner isn't sure which model it is after some research I think it is a Reef Octopus NWB-150 Classic In-Sump Protein Skimmer but am not sure

now the second one:
image;p=main-2.jpeg
image;p=main-3.jpeg

this one has a Bubble Blaster 1000 Pump and the owner also isn't sure if the model but I think it is a SRO XP1000 Space Saver Protein Skimmer but am also not sure

my tank will be a 120 gallon tank with a 40 gallon sump (mixed reef)

which one is better? (overall like noise+production+reliability)

and did I identify them correctly?/ if not can u correct me

and is the price suitable?

lastly which one do u suggest if any ?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am partial to Reef Octopus and one of my skimmers is either that model or one very much like it. Yes, I would by another for $90. Good luck with whichever one you choose.

#reefoctopus

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like RO Bubble Blaster pumps. They are quiet and last along time, ime. Can't go wrong with either, check the magnets impellers and get the one that looks best.

OP
OP
E

essaf victor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for everybody's response I think am leaning to the second one (reef octopus sss-1000int) because of the bubble buster pump and because its a newer model but will it be sufficient for my tank??

a 120 gallon mixed reef with a 40 gallon sump and a refugium, I will also be running gfo in a reactor
as for stocking it will be average towards the heavy side with 10% weekly water changes

and here is a picture with its dimensions:
1573532682440.png

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF it's a fully stocked angler tank that you feed live food daily then you will need a bigger skimmer. An averaged stocked tank with moderate feedings and that skimmer should easily handle a 120 with weekly water changes. These skimmers will polish your water and the fuge will remove nutrients so I'd expect it to do the job.

OP
OP
E

essaf victor

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF it's a fully stocked angler tank that you feed live food daily then you will need a bigger skimmer. An averaged stocked tank with moderate feedings and that skimmer should easily handle a 120 with weekly water changes. These skimmers will polish your water and the fuge will remove nutrients so I'd expect it to do the job.
am gonna have like 2-3 tangs
A pair of clowns
Some flasher wrasses
Sand sifting goby
Pistol shrimp and shrimp goby
A pair of cardinals
Maybe a school of antheus
Midas blenny
And ya thats the majority I think
That’s fine right ??

Back