Choosing a skimmer for a waterbox cube 10

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rixar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rixar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2016
Messages
175
Reaction score
80
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have a question.

I have a Waterbox Cube 10 aquarium, but I can't seem to maintain good water quality because I don't have a skimmer.

I'm going to install one and I'm wondering which of these two models will perform better and be quieter. If anyone has tried them or seen them and can give me their opinion, I would be very grateful.

- Bubble Magus Mini Q
- Aquamedic Evo 100

thank you so much
 
I use the Bubble Magus on two of my Nanos. I am happy with performance and price.
 
I’ve also used bm mini q on a 24G aio and was very surprised with the performance granted I’ve only used it for few weeks. I would use activated carbon as main exporting source on that small size tank.
 
Uso el Bubble Magus en dos de mis Nanos. Estoy satisfecho con el rendimiento y el precio.
También usé el BM Mini Q en un AIO de 24G y me sorprendió mucho su rendimiento, a pesar de que solo lo usé unas semanas. Usaría carbón activado como principal fuente de exportación en ese pequeño tanque.
Thank you so much for your answers! They're a great help. How noisy are they? I have the aquarium in the living room right next to the TV.
 
Thank you so much for your answers! They're a great help. How noisy are they? I have the aquarium in the living room right next to the TV.
I don't hear mine, and both tanks are in the living room. Some people report micro bubbles initially as the skimmer breaks in.
 
Are you doing weekly water changes? I don't think you need a skimmer unless the tank is packed? Even then, I think 20% water changes should do the trick and a little carbon. Just something to consider.
 
IMG_2031.jpeg
This is my aquarium. Most of the corals are healthy. I change 12 liters of water every week and maintain my nutrients with nitrates (NO4) and phosphates (PO4), dosing daily in small amounts every hour. Even so, I have some corals, like zoanthids and a few others, that don't seem happy, and there's cyanobacteria in some areas. I want to lower my organic nutrient levels. I have two clownfish that I feed a lot.
 
IMG_2031.jpeg
This is my aquarium. Most of the corals are healthy. I change 12 liters of water every week and maintain my nutrients with nitrates (NO4) and phosphates (PO4), dosing daily in small amounts every hour. Even so, I have some corals, like zoanthids and a few others, that don't seem happy, and there's cyanobacteria in some areas. I want to lower my organic nutrient levels. I have two clownfish that I feed a lot.
What are your actual levels? NO3? PO4? and what are you actually dosing? Specifics really help here, as we can better help you. Two clownfish barely add to the bio-load with that many corals in there. Also, some corals may not do well in a particular tank, so I wouldn't try to change the wheels for just a few corals. Cyano comes and goes no matter what your nutrient levels are, but it may just be a matter of adding some CUC to help with any leftover food, detritus, etc. The food you feed may be the issue in that regards or how much you're feeding.
I had a 22g full of sps without a skimmer for over 2 years before I actually needed one, so I'm not sure a skimmer is going to solve your issues here, but having one might help?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new