Choosing clowns!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 94Roarge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

94Roarge

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
948
Reaction score
470
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a minireef 160 (roughly 50g total) and I would like to add a pair of clowns to it. As far as nems go I have hemprichii, crispa, mag, and assorted bubbles. I would like some "different" or odd ball clowns as that is how the magority of my stocking is [emoji14]
Would anyone be able to give me some clownfish ideas to get me on the right track?
I also live in Australia so access isn't always great, but I can always source something eventually aha [emoji14]
 
I like my Maldives (Black footed clowns). Captive bred so nice. I also love Amoo recomendation. I would stick to the ocellaris or percs or skunks though. They stay the smallest. Plus so much variety. Just find some that look cool to you.
 
I like my Maldives (Black footed clowns). Captive bred so nice. I also love Amoo recomendation. I would stick to the ocellaris or percs or skunks though. They stay the smallest. Plus so much variety. Just find some that look cool to you.
The maldive look amazing! Size is on the large end, but I could make some sacrafices I think :P
I like those until I see the size [emoji14]
 
My Maldives are over 6 years old in a 210g and the female is maybe 3" and the male a bit under that. Not a huge size difference. Not like the percs and ocellaris. My are always spawning, but I do not try to catch the fry.
 
My Maldives are over 6 years old in a 210g and the female is maybe 3" and the male a bit under that. Not a huge size difference. Not like the percs and ocellaris. My are always spawning, but I do not try to catch the fry.
That's cool :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new