Choosing pump volume Syncra 6 vs 7?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NancyFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NancyFish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2024
Messages
680
Reaction score
206
Location
conneticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at the eshopps eclipse M, supposedly 800gph for my 65g or a modular marine overflow (has two bulk heads, slimmer design & think to 1200gph) but not sure how they compare.

Question is, which return pump & volume. I was looking at the sicce sdc 6 (530-1450gph) or the 7 (800-1900) at about a $30 price difference? Thoughts on the overflow & and mainly the return pump?
 
For the price difference between the 2, I'd go with the Sicce 7. Gives room for more flow in desired. But also let's you run the pump at a lower power to get the same gph as the 6. I have both a 6 and 9 and am very pleased with them.
 
For the price difference between the 2, I'd go with the Sicce 7. Gives room for more flow in desired. But also let's you run the pump at a lower power to get the same gph as the 6. I have both a 6 and 9 and am very pleased with them.
Can I run a higher flow than my overflow is rated? I’m not really sure how it works. The overflow is like the one thing I’ve put off the longest trying to make sure we choose right
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new