Choosing pump volume Syncra 6 vs 7?

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at the eshopps eclipse M, supposedly 800gph for my 65g or a modular marine overflow (has two bulk heads, slimmer design & think to 1200gph) but not sure how they compare.

Question is, which return pump & volume. I was looking at the sicce sdc 6 (530-1450gph) or the 7 (800-1900) at about a $30 price difference? Thoughts on the overflow & and mainly the return pump?

Rothric

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the price difference between the 2, I'd go with the Sicce 7. Gives room for more flow in desired. But also let's you run the pump at a lower power to get the same gph as the 6. I have both a 6 and 9 and am very pleased with them.

OP
OP
N

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the price difference between the 2, I'd go with the Sicce 7. Gives room for more flow in desired. But also let's you run the pump at a lower power to get the same gph as the 6. I have both a 6 and 9 and am very pleased with them.
Can I run a higher flow than my overflow is rated? I’m not really sure how it works. The overflow is like the one thing I’ve put off the longest trying to make sure we choose right

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 84 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.3%
Back