Chris' algae farm (ELOS 160)

stormdolp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Increíble tu Reef excelente felicidades sigue por ese excelente camino, podrías tomar mas fotos de tu sump y que parámetros manejas y que aditamentos aditas saludos

reefingnoob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I recognized your room instantly. Congratulations
uploadfromtaptalk1399410752458.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1399410797504.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1399410752458.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1399410797504.jpg

Slm222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How were you able to add fish so quickly? Did the tank cycle that fast? Did you put fish in before the cycle finished?

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is post #63 a picture in a magazine or brochure of some sort? that a a stunning tank and the room is set up so nice! Is your back painted blue or is the wall creating that backgroud?

dragonfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i couldnt fined the size of the tank on your post
whats the size of the tank ?
would you think that 2 ecotech would be ok for a 48" X 32" would be enough cover ?
thanks

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off subject but I have been looking for your living room light fixture. Where did you get it from?

I got it online somewhere, but I don't recall where. The model number is LS-80752PS

How were you able to add fish so quickly? Did the tank cycle that fast? Did you put fish in before the cycle finished?

I think I added the first fish around the 3 week mark. I did a fishless cycle with prodibio bacteria and dosed ammonia while keeping the tank water nice and warm.

is post #63 a picture in a magazine or brochure of some sort? that a a stunning tank and the room is set up so nice! Is your back painted blue or is the wall creating that backgroud?

Thanks! That's a brochure from Ecotech Marine, the company makes the lights and pumps that I use. They had used a couple of my photos in the brochure. There is no background on the tank; it's just the blue wall showing through.

i couldnt fined the size of the tank on your post
whats the size of the tank ?
would you think that 2 ecotech would be ok for a 48" X 32" would be enough cover ?
thanks

The tank is 63x24x22. Two Radions should cover that area, but I would probably use the wide angle lenses and/or mount the lights the long way front to back if you want to cover 32".

How'd you balance the rocks

The rock on the right is on PVC substructure that splays out underneath the sandbed. Everything on the left is just glued together

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Jaw seriously just hit the floor! Literally! WOW!! More photos please!

jkirk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how the name of your thread is called algae farm and far as i can tell theres not a bit of nuisance algae anywhere lol. Beautiful tank sir.

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Just when I'm drooling at the corals, I stop and look at the quality of the pictures. Well done, well done indeed. I wish I wasn't a garage sale reefer, this is amazing!

I never would have thought those pictures actually come from a real reefer. I always assumed, they just setup everything to look perfect. Now I know there's people that live there, mind blown, simple as that, no more mind.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back