Chris' algae farm (ELOS 160)

Great looking setup. I love the clean, minimalist look. The colors, layout, and design are spot on. Bravo!
 
Wonderful looking tank! can't wait to see all the corals begin to take over and grow into large colonies!
 
SunnyX said:
Great looking setup. I love the clean, minimalist look. The colors, layout, and design are spot on. Bravo!

stevenliu9 said:
Wonderful looking tank! can't wait to see all the corals begin to take over and grow into large colonies!

Thank you!

Been working with the Neptune Dos this week. So far it's an impressive unit! Trying to transition without throwing parameters off too much..


Also added some Ventralis Anthias, which are still finding their place.
 
Great pic of your anthias! I'm interested in hearing how the does works out for you. :)
 
How do you keep your sand bed so clean?
 
Interested to get your feedback on the new doser after awhile. Thinking about using one to automate water changes.

Best of luck with the ventralis. One of my favorite fish in this hobby; unfortunately, I've had terrible luck with them.
 
Best of luck with the ventralis. One of my favorite fish in this hobby; unfortunately, I've had terrible luck with them.

Thanks, I added four and one stopped eating immediately and has disappeared. There's one that is eating well but is shy and stays in the shadows; very much like what I've heard Ventralis are like.

The other two (male and female) are out literally all day right under the lights near the water surface and don't seem to mind the activity. They seem to have very individual personalities.


This tank makes my brain hurt.

Me too.
 
Bump!
 
An absolutely beautiful set up. I really admire the attention to detail with you clean plumbing and wire routing (in addition to the fabulous tank itself). Well done!
 
Beautiful tank man... What brand of Salt and Two-Part do you use?

I started with Brightwell and eventually transitioned to ESV B-Ionic.


A few photos:

elos-179.jpg


elos-180.jpg


elos-181.jpg
 
Man oh man! Just beautiful!
 
Your talents are MANY! Thanks for sharing such great pictures of your awesome creation. Loads of inspiration here for us mere mortals. :)
 
What do you use ad nutrient export? I think I saw a bio pellet Rex in one of the pictures but you didnt show the hole Rex.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new