OP
cnseekatz

cnseekatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When this beautiful tank was in your office how did you get any work done? :D

Distraction is an important element of productivity. You can only stare at a computer screen for so long before things start getting fuzzy! It's amazing how refreshing it can be to just swivel around and watch your tank for a couple minutes. It does get a little annoying when people walk in every day and ask about your "nemos" or "why is your office glowing purple?"

OP
OP
cnseekatz

cnseekatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I want those leopards.

Thanks! Leopards are great reef fish. If you've got a sand bed, mostly friendly fish, and a little bit of luck, they make great additions to any tank. They're super active during the day, and it's fun to watch them browsing and picking all over the tank. Plus, like other wrasses they tend to keep a lot of pests under control (zoanthid eating nudis, AEFW, redbugs, and even pyramid snails).

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job!

OP
OP
cnseekatz

cnseekatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been working on training some red mangroves for a future shallow mangrove tank. I've seen them used before, but with the rare exception (guys like Giga and Brad), they seem to be mostly placed haphazardly around the sump or overflow. My intention is to take the time to train the seedlings to develop the big, strong aerial roots that make the mangroves so cool. From what I've read, you accomplish this by suspending the seedling in water, and allow the roots to grow down. Then, over time, you raise the plant out of the water, leaving only the tips of the roots in the water. This forces the roots to continue to grow down, and the exposed parts to toughen up into the aerial roots that we see in nature. That's the theory at least... Here's my progress. As I raise the roots out of the water, they look like they're drying out, and some shrivel up, but the plant stays strong, and many have started sprouting leaves, so I guess we'll just see what happens.

20160530_104811_zpsboiwsxon.jpg

20160530_104531_zps0ftkm9hj.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back