OP
OP
cnseekatz

cnseekatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Choati has been a pretty finicky eater so far, and hasn't shown much interest in mysis, baby brine, or cyclops. Yesterday I picked up a thing of PE Calanus at the LFS, and she loves the stuff!! It's a new type of commercially available frozen copepod from Norway. Highly recommend that you try if you have a picky eater (like a leopard wrasse) in your tank.

fd-fpcl04.jpg

OP
OP
cnseekatz

cnseekatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having some aggression issues between my Potter's leopard and my Blue-Star. After seeing it mentioned in several threads, I taped a mirror to the glass on the side of the tank. The Potter's has been so preoccupied with the "other" Potter's in the tank, she's left the Blue-Star alone for several days now. All is so tranquil now!

2016-02-01%2019.33.23_zpsuweqb0tm.jpg

LiquidLenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely gorgeous reef! What's your top off amount each day? I have a 20g shallow frag tank and I'm losing about a quart a day...with your surface area it must be quite a bit I imagine?

OP
OP
cnseekatz

cnseekatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely gorgeous reef! What's your top off amount each day? I have a 20g shallow frag tank and I'm losing about a quart a day...with your surface area it must be quite a bit I imagine?

It depends on how often the tops are off, but I generally go through 5 gallons of fresh water every 7-10 days.

you're just using just 1x radion?

Just the one. I do have the wide angle lenses, which gives me enough spread. Being a shallow tank, I don't need half the PAR this thing can put out.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back