Chris' Cadlights 45g Shallow

My Choati has been a pretty finicky eater so far, and hasn't shown much interest in mysis, baby brine, or cyclops. Yesterday I picked up a thing of PE Calanus at the LFS, and she loves the stuff!! It's a new type of commercially available frozen copepod from Norway. Highly recommend that you try if you have a picky eater (like a leopard wrasse) in your tank.

fd-fpcl04.jpg
 
I was having some aggression issues between my Potter's leopard and my Blue-Star. After seeing it mentioned in several threads, I taped a mirror to the glass on the side of the tank. The Potter's has been so preoccupied with the "other" Potter's in the tank, she's left the Blue-Star alone for several days now. All is so tranquil now!

2016-02-01%2019.33.23_zpsuweqb0tm.jpg
 
Absolutely gorgeous reef! What's your top off amount each day? I have a 20g shallow frag tank and I'm losing about a quart a day...with your surface area it must be quite a bit I imagine?
 
Absolutely gorgeous reef! What's your top off amount each day? I have a 20g shallow frag tank and I'm losing about a quart a day...with your surface area it must be quite a bit I imagine?

It depends on how often the tops are off, but I generally go through 5 gallons of fresh water every 7-10 days.

you're just using just 1x radion?

Just the one. I do have the wide angle lenses, which gives me enough spread. Being a shallow tank, I don't need half the PAR this thing can put out.
 
Nice!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new