Chris' IM 50G Lagoon AIO

chrisdonzella

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2022
Messages
42
Reaction score
39
Location
Plainfield
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone
I generally post very little but decided to change my ways and share here my reef journey. I am back into the hobby after a long exit but to be honest, I struggled to fully commit in my past attempts for many reasons. I would start gathering and planning a tank and convince myself everything else took priority. Some of that were true (wife, 4 kids, 4 dogs, 5 cats, etc....) but the reality is I was stopping myself. Lots has shifted as of late and I decided to do this for me, a sign of some healing. Welcome to my therapy sessions.

So here it is.

I will start with the tank showing up May 4th. In the next 2 or 3 posts I will build an equipment list and update it as things change over time.

Thank you for a place to share some joy.
-Chris in NJ
 
Here is the tank delivery and unboxing...

Tank Delivery.jpg


Tank Uncraated.jpg

Tank unboxed (2).jpg
 
Got most of the equipment in - here is my laundry room for the RO/DI set-up

The red brute on the left is 32G (more than enough) with a gate valve on bottom and fload valve on top.

Tank RO-DI.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new