Christmas Tree Coral and Polyp over crowding

Thadd

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2020
Messages
35
Reaction score
3
Location
Bellevue, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if the polyps growing around my Christmas Tree Worms are harmful? I don't know where they came from but are crowding the worms out. If I push them out of the way momentarily the worms seem to be doing fine underneath them but can't image it is a good thing long-term.

IMG_7512.jpeg
 
Does anyone know if the polyps growing around my Christmas Tree Worms are harmful? I don't know where they came from but are crowding the worms out. If I push them out of the way momentarily the worms seem to be doing fine underneath them but can't image it is a good thing long-term.

IMG_7512.jpeg
Yes- these are an invasive type of Palythoa coral known as brown button will grow and cover rock.
 
Can I eliminate them with something like AptasiaX?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new