Christmas tree rock

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're absolutely incredible little creatures! I know what I paid for mine is purely due to my location but while diving seeing the literal endless color variations fascinated me. Don't settle for a piece just because it's affordable enough, find a unique piece that you'll truly enjoy. I know it'll take a lot of hunting to find the perfect piece and it'll likely be pretty expensive but if you really want them go for a piece you'll get the most enjoyment out of every time you look at it.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They're absolutely incredible little creatures! I know what I paid for mine is purely due to my location but while diving seeing the literal endless color variations fascinated me. Don't settle for a piece just because it's affordable enough, find a unique piece that you'll truly enjoy. I know it'll take a lot of hunting to find the perfect piece and it'll likely be pretty expensive but if you really want them go for a piece you'll get the most enjoyment out of every time you look at it.
Do they replicate in the home aquariums? I have six on a rock doing great, but just curious.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they replicate in the home aquariums? I have six on a rock doing great, but just curious.
I can't say I know without any doubt but I doubt they do. The vast majority of echinoderms reproduce sexually and conditions would need to very closely replicate that of their natural habitat to induce spawning. Without very carefully trying to have them spawn, the odds of them spawning in captivity are very low imo.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals.com gets the best Christmas tree worm rocks I’ve seen. Reasonably priced but still up there.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I got this post mixed up with one about a basket starfish...still, I believe they reproduce sexually and it would be very unlikely imo for that to happen without very careful planning.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 86 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back