• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Christmas Tree Worm Rock

Will_WhatIsThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty nice rock about 6-7 inches across and like 4.5 inches front to back. Has 6 Christmas tree worms in it and 1 other fan worm that’s not a Christmas tree worm but veey similar. The povaoba that the worms are in has not been as happy I’m my tank lately, so the color is not so good. When it is happy it is a very nice green color. I want to sell the rock because one of my fish picked off one of the worms, and I don’t know if I have the ability to feed the worms enough. These guys need a ton of feeding to maintain them. I feed them as much as I can, but still fear it isn’t enough. I was a little weary when I first got the rock, but it needed to be rescued from the LFS so I brought it home. Would love this rock to go to a good home where it can receive lots of feeding, while still maintaining reasonable water parameters. I’ll put a picture of the rock when it was in its prime so you can see what it will look like if you give it the parameters it likes, as well as what it looks like now. Still looks nice, just needs a little love. Keep in mind that when I got the rock you couldn’t even tell there was coral since it was brown, so if given the right parameters it should be back to looking amazing in no time.

I don’t really know what to ask for these since you never see them anymore. I’LL ASK 125 for it, but I’m open to offers, as long as it is going to a good home who can provide for it. This is my first time selling coral, so I don’t really know how to ship, but can probably do some research and figure it out. So local pickup preferred, but will ship. Local pickup gets priority though.

Also when you see the picture of the rock when it looked good, sadly the blue worm is the one the fish picked and and killed.

I’m in Bayville NJ 08721
D0F9DC9C-DCEB-41BE-AAAF-4FC12CE5A14C.jpeg
EB3AD885-44FA-44C8-9E86-067122BE6A06.jpeg

OP
OP
Will_WhatIsThis

Will_WhatIsThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have you been feeding it?
Yes I broadcast feet photo everyday, as well as broadcast feed coral candy to them (similar to Reef Roids) 2x week, and I target feed them the Coral Candy 2x a week. I assume the Christmas tree worms like it because it’s a phyto based food, and my other filter feeders like it.

OP
OP
Will_WhatIsThis

Will_WhatIsThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have someone who wants the rock shipped, but will give until Sunday night for someone who can do local pickup. If no one wanted it locally, the person who wants it shipped will get it

OP
OP
Will_WhatIsThis

Will_WhatIsThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump
Deals fell through so back on the market.
Really don’t want to ship this thing since they don’t ship well and it would be my first time shipping.

OP
OP
Will_WhatIsThis

Will_WhatIsThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some updated pictures of the rock. It’s atarted to get a lot of color back but it’s hard to photograph on my phone. Due to virus I don’t want to ship in case the shipping is delayed. Still will do local pickup and can work out a deal if you have to drive a distance.
2E1DEF03-0EA4-4652-AED2-3298C692EFC5.jpeg
43ACBC6F-C5F7-4C55-94DB-3C401156C85A.jpeg C7012185-82C6-44B3-90B6-702F7BC5A3BD.jpeg

OP
OP
Will_WhatIsThis

Will_WhatIsThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump (-: rock is back to looking nice and green. Still asking 125 local pickup Bayville NJ, or I could probably drive a bit to meet. All 6 worms are still healthy I just did some cleaning so most of them went away.
8194038D-F414-465C-ACFC-391D7D4F7619.jpeg

OP
OP
Will_WhatIsThis

Will_WhatIsThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump again. probably will start a new thread for this since the color came back and it looks completely different.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Would look real nice in my tank !!

Eric_cantin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anymore consideration to shipping? I understand your concerns over delays due to the virus. I'm interested if you change your mind!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back