Christmas Tree Worms!

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Another nice piece. Are mine the only ones building columns to live in? The tubes they've built do seem to grow, maybe it's just the coral doing it's thing, but I'd think the worm would have to have some influence.
Mine are also adding to their columns as they grow. More recently, its been more accelerated. Ive started seeing more and more bright white new calcium carbonate on the rims of their tubes which is a super good sign
 
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! I was made for this thread LOL hello all!

Glad to be a part! Here is one of my pieces.

803E94C9-F185-440F-84BA-CE4624F7DFFE.jpeg
Between those and the Hawaiian cleaner wrasse you have some showstoppers. Hope all are eating well!
 
7A127C57-BC93-41E1-ABF1-D9BB69696F6E.jpeg

Got this at the LFS near me about 2 months ago. The worms have gotten fatter or more full looking crowns since for sure but I seem to have lost some of the porites near the bottom of the piece. I feed phyto daily and roids weekly. It’s also located at the bottom of tank with lower but visible flow movement (crowns jostle slightly).

Anyone know are these small worms the same as the much larger ones but just young? Or are they a different species? These particular kinds of porites with x-mas tree worms have been in the hobby for decades and they are always the same size worms on this same porites.
 
7A127C57-BC93-41E1-ABF1-D9BB69696F6E.jpeg

Got this at the LFS near me about 2 months ago. The worms have gotten fatter or more full looking crowns since for sure but I seem to have lost some of the porites near the bottom of the piece. I feed phyto daily and roids weekly. It’s also located at the bottom of tank with lower but visible flow movement (crowns jostle slightly).

Anyone know are these small worms the same as the much larger ones but just young? Or are they a different species? These particular kinds of porites with x-mas tree worms have been in the hobby for decades and they are always the same size worms on this same porites.
I would also like to know if the big and small ones are different species or if the small ones are just younger.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new