Christmas wrasse behaving weird.

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I have kept diffrent kinds of wrasse over the years, currently have a pi tail supermale and a female leopard wrasse,and a yellow flank wrasse. last week I got a christmas wrasse it hid in the sand as expected. Now when it comes out it dosent swim around, just lays in a shaded corner , it eats as soon as I feed the tank then it hides again, should I be worried ? Is there anything I can do ?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has the wrasse been treated prophylatically with copper & meds for flukes, etc.?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a QT where you can observe it and decide if it needs re-homing or to be treated for disease or illness?

OP
OP
Eddie7144

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not being bullied , was observing it swim when I fed the tank, the swimming pattern is not normal, I'm betting it's a bladder issue. Any way to treat that ?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not being bullied , was observing it swim when I fed the tank, the swimming pattern is not normal, I'm betting it's a bladder issue. Any way to treat that ?

Treating with Metro + Focus + food will help with parasites and then dose the QT or bath with plain Epsom salts at 1 tablespoon per 5 gallon acts like a laxative to expel the dead parasites.

OP
OP
Eddie7144

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treating with Metro + Focus + food will help with parasites and then dose the QT or bath with plain Epsom salts at 1 tablespoon per 5 gallon acts like a laxative to expel the dead parasites.
Where /how do I find metro and focus ?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can you get a video of it swimming?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 154 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back