Chromis. Bother or not bother?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rayadog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Quite interesting. It kind of made it seem like feeding them would be easier. I.e. don’t cut flow at all (maybe return pump depending on if you want the filter in use during or not, if food can immediately avoid weirs) and let them strike as they would naturally.
I did that with my damsels - I filled a bottle with saltwater and cyclops every day - put it on a magnetic stirrer and use a dose pump in order to dose a bit of this slurry into my return pump evenly during the day. I know people that do the same with anthias.

Sincerely Lasse
 
I’ve had 3 and my clownfish seen to creep them in check
 
I did that with my damsels - I filled a bottle with saltwater and cyclops every day - put it on a magnetic stirrer and use a dose pump in order to dose a bit of this slurry into my return pump evenly during the day. I know people that do the same with anthias.

Sincerely Lasse
That’s a good idea, never bothered with Anthias so new to me.


Apocyclops can actively change between a benthic and pelagic way of living. Its the food that decide if they are benthic or pelagic. It seems like the adults is more benthic and nauplii is pelagic but even as adult they can swim freely in the water column. You can call them - IMO - facultative pelagic
Thanks, I think this settles whatever thought or lines I was trying draw 😅. I was hoping to save face after the zooplankton breakdown burn. To carry off topic, I wonder how they figured out that Apocyclops exhibits that behavior? Or how does one sample any benthic plankton? ..now that I’m trying to read up
 
I’ve had 3 and my clownfish seen to creep them in check
It does seem if there’s a larger scarier fish to check them it helps, as others have shared.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new