Chromis fighting

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cromis pick on the lowest in stature and eventually will weed out till you just have one. Unless there is a large tank

Those wounds look like uroma
A little off topic but is there a good way to avoid uronema? How long would one need to quarantine to be sure they aren't sick (with uronema)? I would assume that even if a group is in quarantined, once one shows symptoms, all are infected...?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little off topic but is there a good way to avoid uronema? How long would one need to quarantine to be sure they aren't sick (with uronema)? I would assume that even if a group is in quarantined, once one shows symptoms, all are infected...?
Qt and start treatment right away. Once symptoms are seen its usually over for the fish.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long would one need to quarantine to be sure they aren't sick (with uronema)?
Literally until they die of old age... at any rate it's probably in the tank already. It doesn't need a fish to survive, and I'm pretty sure they can carry it internally indefinitely.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally until they die of old age... at any rate it's probably in the tank already. It doesn't need a fish to survive, and I'm pretty sure they can carry it internally indefinitely.
Once In the dt tank it's always there. You can sanitize qt tanks.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uronema aside, I feel in my humble opinion, Chromis and Anthias are grossly underfed in our tanks which leads to aggression as well as overall health.

These are such beautiful fish when they shoal. I was listening to a BRS podcast about multiple feedings per day to simulate how these fish eat on a reef which also reduces aggression.
Yes. This. Feeding them every 2 or 3 hours is the key to a much higher success rate on keeping the shoal of Chromis.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes. This. Feeding them every 2 or 3 hours is the key to a much higher success rate on keeping the shoal of Chromis.
Just an fyi for anyone looking for a quality feeder, I purchased a plank feeder using reef jerky. I feed my 50 gallon 6 small feedings per day and the entire tank gets fed including coral. Reef jerky is a high quality food that everything goes crazy for.

highly suggest looking up this feeder from Avaste Marine! It’s not cheap, but the best feeder I have ever used. The way it distributes the food, simulates a reef environment. The fish go crazy!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 166 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back