Chromis thinks he is a clown

AirAngel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 juvy Chromis in my tank. One spends all his time with the juvy clowns and has abandoned the other.
Is this normal behavior??

Last edited:

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be even cooler if he was hosting an anemone too! If that's even possible...

Sent from my VS950 4G using Forum Runner

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chromis are schooling fish and when they are grouped together in our smaller tanks they definitely have a pecking order. You can start with 8-10 of them and most of the time they will slowly get picked ojn to the point that you lose them over time. Being that you only have 2 in the tank, one is probably messing with the other, and it just felt safer hanging with the clowns.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rule of thumb about chromis that seems to work well and its 1 chromis / 30g tank volume. For better results also feed multiply times a day and feed cyclopeeze or rotifers or some small planktonic foods like that one of the times daily or at least every other day.

I believe the chromis killing eachother off has to do with space and food.

I have 7 chromis who school and never lost one in over a year since i bought my first 5 i just recently added 2 more and all is well a month later and these were big chromis and still no fighting.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back