Chromis

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it that most tanks that I see most of them have some form of Chromis in them? Do they have added benefits to reef aquaria? R they fairly inexpensive? Non-aggressive, schooling, or good tank cleaners?
I was just wondering. :baffle::baffle:

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:xd: they taste pretty good deep fried. LMFAOOOOO. ok j/k. they're cheap, they look cool in a school, i think they help "sweep" off detrius from sps since i see them hiding and swimming in and out of my sps colonies.

Last edited:

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very inexpensive (often less than $5 each) and they are known to shoal in home aquaria. They are non-aggressive and add some movement to the tank, providing somewhat of a "poor man's alternative" to a school of anthias. Some people have said that they will eventually kill each other off until only two remain, but I have had a group of anthias in nearly every tank I've had set up over the past 10 years with no issues whatsoever.

OP
OP
GR808

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very inexpensive (often less than $5 each) and they are known to shoal in home aquaria. They are non-aggressive and add some movement to the tank, providing somewhat of a "poor man's alternative" to a school of anthias. Some people have said that they will eventually kill each other off until only two remain, but I have had a group of anthias in nearly every tank I've had set up over the past 10 years with no issues whatsoever.

Movement and schooling is nice. My wife likes that, I may have to get some.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 111 42.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 127 48.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 24 9.2%
Back