Chronic Ulcer on my Exquisite Wrasse

  • Thread starter Thread starter OrionN
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2013
Messages
11,302
Reaction score
22,521
Location
Corpus Christi, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this Exquisite Wrasse for the last 2 years, ever since he was just about 1.25 inches, emaciated little wrasse. He has done very well, about 2.5 inches, beautiful fat, and healthy terminal male. Ever since I got him, he has had this sore on the L side. It festers, his skin grew over it, and then it would break open again. These are some of the pictures of this ulcer.
Can anyone confirm what it is? I don’t think it is a cancer, but I think it is a parasite. It is almost impossible to catch him out of my 320 gal tank. What can I do? Should I try to catch him, anesthetized and try to remove this lesion?
He is doing well even with this lesion, but if there is an easy way to treat it, I would love to do it.

Fortunately, over the last 2 years, none of my fish caught this disease, what ever it is.
TIA
today
ExquisiteFairyWrasse2019121403wound.jpg

ExquisiteFairyWrasse2019121401wound.jpg

ExquisiteFairyWrasse2019121402wound.jpg


Previous pictures
This nest two pictures show the wound essentially heal, then just bust open again in the last picture
ExquisiteFairyWrasse2019052404.jpg

ExquisiteFairyWrasse2019052406.jpg


Wound about to bust open again
ExquisiteFairyWrasse2019041301Ulcer.jpg
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new