Chrysiptera Damsels

Landon K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard that Springeri Damsels will eat pests in our aquariums. I have a pair of Azure Damsels in my tank that are of the same genus as Springeri - Chrysiptera. I was wondering if Azure Damsels will also eat flatworms, nudi's, etc, or if this is unique to Springeri? My Azure's pick at the rock and substrate throughout the day, but it is hard to tell what exactly they are picking at.

OP
OP
L

Landon K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't count on it but the similarities between them would suggest if one does the other probably would.

FWIW I like have several of the Chryseptera species together in a system. Makes for a colorful and active group.
I would like this too, as I think damsels are interesting fish to watch, but I would be concerned about aggression. My two Azure's hate each other but also coexist. They each have claimed opposite ends of the tank, but on occasion, they meet in the middle, and it's thunderdome for 10-15 seconds before going back to business as usual. Very active and interesting fish, though.

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have two Springeris and they are very peaceful. I actually love them but I have never seen them picking at anything, except each other on rare occasions. I wouldn’t call them a pair as they don’t burrow together bit they occasionally explore together.

OP
OP
L

Landon K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Springeris and they are very peaceful. I actually love them but I have never seen them picking at anything, except each other on rare occasions. I wouldn’t call them a pair as they don’t burrow together bit they occasionally explore together.
Interesting. My Azure's are picking at surfaces all day long. I have a ton of copepods in my tank. I wonder if that is what they are picking at?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back