Chrysophytes?! Help me cure it?

2C30581A-FB36-451F-AA12-9E57929A5C56.jpeg

@taricha Do these look like chrsophytes? I battled LC Amphidiniums for close to a year and finally beat them dosing silicates and phytoplankton. I now have SC Amphidinium and these green cells covering my sand and rock work.
Old thread but the answer is "yes" those are chrysos.
 
Need some help on this as I’m also battling chrysophytes. Is the verdict that raising No3 and Po4 to 5/0.05 the best solution?

These did coincidentally start showing as my nitrates dropped - as soon as I saw it hit 1ppm I started dowsing brightwell. I’m currently up to 3ppm/0.05ppm.

Advice is welcomed. Thank you!
 
Need some help on this as I’m also battling chrysophytes. Is the verdict that raising No3 and Po4 to 5/0.05 the best solution?

These did coincidentally start showing as my nitrates dropped - as soon as I saw it hit 1ppm I started dowsing brightwell. I’m currently up to 3ppm/0.05ppm.

Advice is welcomed. Thank you!
I think we both posted in another thread on the subject but just in case...
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/symbiodinium-got-any-treatment-ideas.811322/
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new