CHSB Nem only Tank stocking suggestions

R0C95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, setting up my CHSB specific Tank. I'm going to use my 80g deep blue rimless frag tank as a display. My thoughts are to put in 8-10 black oscellaris clowns. Also, to keep the nem tank theme, add 10 or so porcelain crabs, and 10 or so nem shrimp. Like sexy shrimp. I'm looking for a pod and pest eater (always have them in my other tanks and swear by them). But im not sure what to put in. Any thought or ideas that would be cool to add for this tank? Doesn't have to be pest eaters necessarily either. I'd just like to hear suggestions to (loosely) go with my theme. Thanks! Here's my CHSB in QT right now.

20210311_184854.jpg

OP
OP
R0C95

R0C95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd wait until your anemone gets a lot bigger as it can get "hugged" to death by the clowns
I've been through a reef tank or 2, I'm aware of when to add things. I'm not adding clowns until the nem is more established. I'm planning my future inhabiants is all... respectfully, not looking on advice on execution of this tank, rather additional ideas on this tank.

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been through a reef tank or 2, I'm aware of when to add things. I'm not adding clowns until the nem is more established. I'm planning my future inhabiants is all... respectfully, not looking on advice on execution of this tank, rather additional ideas on this tank.
As for as a pod or pest eater, if you are looking for a peaceful wrasse I'd try the possum wrasse or a tanaka's pygmy wrasse. Mine hunts the rock work all day and eats lots of pods. Mine also doesn't sleep in the sand. Should work out well if you are going bare bottom.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back