Cincinnaticoral.com?

njreejer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever purchased anything from

They have a fish that I’m looking for that’s sold out in pretty much every other place I’ve checked so I’m contemplating placing an order. Thought I’d ask just in case before going through with it

SamAPFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you ordering them or going to the store? I’ve gone to the store and it has a fairly good selection of softies and LPS, but prices are okay. Definitely better than aquarium artisans.

OP
OP
N

njreejer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordering online. They have flame hawkfishes meanwhile everywhere else is out of stock/has waiting lists

OP
OP
N

njreejer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha if your closer I would definitely wait for lazys coral house opens. They have insanely cheap prices with great quality corals, so that’s now my go to.
I’m actually out of state, from NJ. There’s no LFS here that has flame hawks & every online retailer is also sold out. This was the only place I could find it besides 2 other shady sites that had them marked up at 2x+ the normal price :rolleyes: I called & they only had one & it’s the size I’m looking for so I guess I got lucky haha I’m happy

Amstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha if your closer I would definitely wait for lazys coral house opens. They have insanely cheap prices with great quality corals, so that’s now my go to.
+1 on lazys - you should check out his website. He is closed right now till 1 sept

SamAPFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not really much to see on his website at the moment... Is he in Dayton?
I’m pretty sure he’s between Dayton and Cincinnati, he is always closed for the summer, so that’s why his website is empty. While he’s open he sells thousands of corals (especially acros and other sps)

OP
OP
N

njreejer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ED381B0C-0FCE-42BD-916C-DEC311E95BE1.jpeg
Just got this email, do you guys think the flame hawk will be fine with 2 day shipping? I usually only buy from LFS or local reefers, never bought from online before so that’s why I’m asking. Only ordering online because it’s sold out everywhere else

SamAPFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this email, do you guys think the flame hawk will be fine with 2 day shipping? I usually only buy from LFS or local reefers, never bought from online before so that’s why I’m asking. Only ordering online because it’s sold out everywhere else
Ahh that’s a hard one. Is there no option to do overnight if you pay extra? If not I’m not sure the cost of the fish but it really depends how he packs the fish

OP
OP
N

njreejer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh that’s a hard one. Is there no option to do overnight if you pay extra? If not I’m not sure the cost of the fish but it really depends how he packs the fish
Just emailed him back asking if I could upgrade to overnight, thanks :)

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t do 2 day. The cost difference if you lose the fish won’t be worth it. It’s an easy fish to fall in love with. Put a cover on your tank if you don’t have one already. Mine was a great tank mate and ate everything I fed it. Get it.

OP
OP
N

njreejer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t do 2 day. The cost difference if you lose the fish won’t be worth it. It’s an easy fish to fall in love with. Put a cover on your tank if you don’t have one already. Mine was a great tank mate and ate everything I fed it. Get it.
Gotcha, hopefully he can do overnight shipping. The reason it interested me is 1) I’ve heard flame hawk’s have quite the personality but I’ve only gotten a slight glimpse of that because the lack of videos online but they seem entertaining. I also found the way they swim to be cool/funny & 2) to fill out the color spectrum in my tank. I like the red color & it’s overall kinda goofy look. Definitely getting it if he can do overnight. If not, not sure that I’ll go through with the order. Don’t want to end up harming the fish in the process

Back