CIPRO AND Amoxicillin

cally2k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening, was hoping someone can help me. I would like to do a in take treatment of the Cipro and Amoxi for my 300 gallon tank. Can someone tell me how many miligrams to mix wit RO as a daily dose. I also would like to knoe if its just for 7 days?. After the 7 days do I do a water change and if so what percent? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the answer will depend on what you're trying to accomplish. What's the issue at hand requiring antibiotics? Also make sure to wear protection and account for displacement when dosing.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
cally2k

cally2k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the answer will depend on what you're trying to accomplish. What's the issue at hand requiring antibiotics? Also make sure to wear protection and account for displacement when dosing.
Well my torches seem like they have some tpe of infection, i had a random head die overnight and some others are recceding. So would like to take measures before things get worse and its no brown jelly

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my torches seem like they have some tpe of infection, i had a random head die overnight and some others are recceding. So would like to take measures before things get worse and its no brown jelly

I would try to figure if it can be anything else before using antibiotics. Antibiotics when not needed are harmful

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d recommend exhausting all possibilities (listed below) prior to a course of antibiotics. If there are parameter issues, antibiotics may not help, and could cause further issues.

Things to check:

alk ca mg, salinity/sg, temp, po4, no3. Check to make sure test kits and equipment are calibrated

Is there any algaes/cyano/dinos growing in the tank?

Is there any warfare going on between corals? (Torches touching other torches, or other corals)

Are there any soft corals that could be releasing toxins?

Is your RO/DI top off and pre-mixed water 0 TDS?

Any fish, peppermint shrimps, pests, etc munching the base of the torch membranes?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might not be the cure that you are looking for. Most LPS die from things that already exist in the tank/coral and not some mysterious disease. You can weaken other things by dosing antibiotics. The unintended consequences from this could be large.

Good luck if you choose to pursue, but if not then let us know more info about the setup, parameters and all of that. The biggest thing that I have ever had affect euhpyllia is low salinity so double and triple check your refractometer calibration and make sure that you are at 1.026... and then check it again.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back