Cipro dosage

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some what everyone thinks is a bacterial slime “algae” and that dosing some cipro may help. I have looked and I have see a wide dosage amounts. Seen 250mg per gallon to 250mg per 100 gallons and one the equated to needing 3.8mg got my 200g of water volume.

What is everyone else dosing?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what everyone else in reefing is doing is fourfold:

1. eschew absolutely 100% of all online knowledge advising against unregulated mass dispersal of antibiotics unmatched to any target (because we see something, we automatically choose cipro because we can pill-mill some off a website and we cross fingers)

2. do not pull up university studies discussing microbial adaptation to unregulated consumer application of cipro, simply ignore it, we have an aquarium to guess at

3. they won't use other non-cipro options because those require work

4. feel 1000% that all medical advise searchable does not apply to reefing. constantly dosing our tanks with just enough antibiotic to maybe possibly kill a target with a guess dosage nobody has honed (reef article authors aren't doctors, they guess at dosages then write that out to the masses see any article from reefbuilders Mike P who actively sells this to the masses) but keeping the dose levels well below what it takes to sterilize the system IS how mutation based adaptation works, and we're doing it at lightspeed since vet websites will dole out pills without a prescription to any paid clicker./

sorry u had to catch the truth wrath but we're backsliding bigtime, and I know that doesn't matter nor is it believable to any aquarist on the internet including 100% of dosers here on this site. we flat out simply do not care about anything but a short term possible reduction of a target we aren't even sure of.

*you have a way to fix your target without any cipro, the bet is I have examples handy in work threads of us fixing that kind of invasion using zero meds. if you want a non cipro way to work the tank, I have link examples for any invasion handy.

if you are determined to use cipro, then a peer will show up shortly with the dosage they guessed at and applied to their system with no calculated sustain time determined whatsoever.

:)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

• I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

• Other.

Back