Citric or muriatic mp40 wetside

  • Thread starter Thread starter muggle0981
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

muggle0981

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
1,439
Reaction score
819
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
using citric acid to clean mp40 wetside?

Muriatic acid?
 
I just use vinegar mixed with a little warm water and a toothbrush for scrubbing. I think BRS pushes citric acid for this.

Make sure you disassemble the wet side to get it completely clean.
 
I have usually used diluted muriatic to clean pumps.

I have sometimes used vinegar but it is much slower. There may be some situations where vinegar damages equipment.

I’ve also used citric is some scenarios where high dilution is needed anyway (such as clean a whole aquarium by soaking).
 
using citric acid to clean mp40 wetside?

Muriatic acid?
I use citric acid to clean my Nero and Sicce Pumps.

About 50g per 500ml cleans them up pretty fast.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new