Citron Goby Ich?

noremnant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings All!

I have a Citron Goby, I had him in a QT and everything seemed fine but about 24 hours after being in the display tank he has white bumps. I would appreciate it if someone else could confirm its Ich or something else.

PXL_20231210_215348656.jpg

PXL_20231210_215354149.jpg

PXL_20231211_114518351.jpg

And this last image was first thing in the morning.

PXL_20231211_114649640.jpg

OP
OP
N

noremnant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like ich to me. What was your qt protocol?
For this guy it was, Freshwater dip then QT tank for 2 weeks with coppersafe being added in after the first week, a 15-20% water change every other day. I normally add it in the first day but family kept me busy and I needed to get a new bottle.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For this guy it was, Freshwater dip then QT tank for 2 weeks with coppersafe being added in after the first week, a 15-20% water change every other day. I normally add it in the first day but family kept me busy and I needed to get a new bottle.
Unfortunately, 2 weeks is not enough. It needs to be 30 days at a constant copper level (CopperSafe) >2. I do not think its needed nor helpful to do a freshwater dip on a healthy fish since part of a QT protocol also involves treating for flukes after copper is done. Hope this helps. Your OP is a little unclear as to exactly how long your fish was in copper. If I'm re-reading it correctly, you added the copper a week after having the fish in the QT tank, and then it had copper for a week?

If you decide to treat it, all of the other fish in your tank will need to be treated as well - and your tank left fallow for 45-76 days depending on the protocol chosen. If you have no inverts/coral, etc in your tank you could consider hyposalinity in your display tank

OP
OP
N

noremnant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, 2 weeks is not enough. It needs to be 30 days at a constant copper level (CopperSafe) >2. I do not think its needed nor helpful to do a freshwater dip on a healthy fish since part of a QT protocol also involves treating for flukes after copper is done. Hope this helps. Your OP is a little unclear as to exactly how long your fish was in copper. If I'm re-reading it correctly, you added the copper a week after having the fish in the QT tank, and then it had copper for a week?

If you decide to treat it, all of the other fish in your tank will need to be treated as well - and your tank left fallow for 45-76 days depending on the protocol chosen. If you have no inverts/coral, etc in your tank you could consider hyposalinity in your display tank

You are correct about the QT timing of this fish, only 7 days in copper. The worst part is I knew I should have waited longer, but I made the mistake of getting too comfortable. I used to be in the hobby but left about 8 years ago. This tank is for my son (and not so secretly me), this being the last fish to go in. I was hoping it wasn't ich but it looks like ill be avoiding mirrors for the next three months.

Thank you all for the confirmation!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This fish has skin irritation with ich mixed in and seems to be a trend with these fish as of late
Copper treatment calls for Full 30 days and for this fish, use treatment level of 2.0-2.25 with added aeration and monitored with reliable copper test kit

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back