Firefish is slowly dying

shark8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

This morning I woke up to find my firefish on the sand breathing hard. Looks like his bottom fin was nippled(probably the royal grammar). I moved him to a QT so he can heal, but it looks like it getting worse. Also, I noticed a white slime coat on him ever since moving him to QT. Is this ich? Other fish in the DT are doing fine. I treated it with prazipro. Anything else I can do? FW dips? I don’t think he can even survive it. Thanks!
IMG_6696.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi all,

This morning I woke up to find my firefish on the sand breathing hard. Looks like his bottom fin was nippled(probably the royal grammar). I moved him to a QT so he can heal, but it looks like it getting worse. Also, I noticed a white slime coat on him ever since moving him to QT. Is this ich? Other fish in the DT are doing fine. I treated it with prazipro. Anything else I can do? FW dips? I don’t think he can even survive it. Thanks!
IMG_6696.jpeg
Unfortunately this fish appears moribund in which it will not eat or swim normal moving forward. The bottom fins also nipped and fish likely traumatized. The film you see id slime coat separation and often happens as a fish is very weak or shutting down. Air stone will offer it comfort nut generally no contribution to recovery
Sorry to see this

OP
OP
S

shark8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately this fish appears moribund in which it will not eat or swim normal moving forward. The bottom fins also nipped and fish likely traumatized. The film you see id slime coat separation and often happens as a fish is very weak or shutting down. Air stone will offer it comfort nut generally no contribution to recovery
Sorry to see this
Thank you for your response. I have an air stone in there for him, so sad to see him go like this since he was doing so well with his tank mates for a whole month. On a small positive note, I’m glad that white film is not some sort of disease.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back