Clam cradle

SifuMemphis

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2015
Messages
538
Reaction score
250
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get a clam in my tank, and was thinking of putting it on the sand bed. I read around there are some "clam cradles" but haven't been able to find many places that sell it.

Any idea where I can get a good one?
 
What a coincidence we were talking about this on our club forum.

IMG_1642.JPG

The cool thing about clam cradles is they allow for the clam to attach but also allows for you to move them around.


One of our club sponsors does a lot of custom rock builds.

He said:

"Haven't made ClamCradles in a while but I can put some together pretty quickly. The 4 inch are $5 and the 8 inch are $10. Not sure what shipping would be but probably not very expensive."

Look up jestersix on facebook.
 
This should be great on my bare bottom tank. I don't have Facebook though. Any other way to buy one?

Edit- On second thought, I will build one out of reef safe epoxy.
 
What I've done for my clams is just make my own with the epoxy I use for attaching frags. It's really easy and you can make it any size you want. It's also way cheaper because a stick of epoxy can make you quite a few clam bases.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new