Clam discolouration

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grozzly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Grozzly

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

got a crocea clam about a week ago and has these wounds or discolouration, any ideas?
DB9509DD-08B9-4FC0-A3EC-ED333F379871.jpeg
 
I also think it’s just part of the pattern, which looks great! Although I am sure there are exceptions I have only seen clams bleach from disease or lack of light, they generally close when they have enough light. I have hippos, squammy, derasas under 1,800 par (seneye tested at top of clams) from 2 kessil h380 in my sump and they never bleached.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new