Clam for 40B?

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up a 40 breeder. it will be a macro and mangrove tank with a dwarf lion, scorp, and small eel. What would be the best clam for this tank?

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cheapest one around, you don't wanna spend $80 on your eels lunch!
Lol just kidding, feed it well and it'll probably be good. I'm no clam expert, I know @skinz78 has like 400 of them

OP
OP
ice fish

ice fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not too worried about my eel eating it. But would like to know a good clam to put in it.

Rattooth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DERASA is the hardiest. It is known. Next hardiest GIGAS, SQUAMOSA ,MAXIMA, least hardy is CROCEA.
Strong illumination. No Angel Fish. I like placing on bottom of tank. If clam is not opening , a fish may be picking at it. This will kill clam pronto. Occasionally , there is a tiny white snail on shell, that can multiply and kill a clam. Check outer shell of new clam, for these. A tiny bit larger than grain of rice.

Rattooth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What eel are you thinking about? Small ones can be a containment problem . Find a way to get in sump. So with Mangrove, will eel be able to Houdini it?
Eels can be trained to take a piece of krill directly from your fingers. This is a good way to impress your friends and confound your enemies!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back