Clam growout

  • Thread starter Thread starter audi772
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

audi772

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2014
Messages
60
Reaction score
1
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, my lfs just got a rock with five 1" - 1.5" maxima clams. Would it be worth buying them to put in my frag tank to grow out and sell them when they are bigger? They want 45 each but I could deal with them. What do you think?
 
As long as your frag tank has efficient light, nutrients, calcium and alkalinity you should be fine. It will take quite a while for them to get big though.
 
Would I see much profit from them? When do they reach their best selling price?
 
I'm sorry mods... I mentioned selling items. I forgot that wasn't allowed. My fault. I apologize
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new