Clam ID please

ReddingReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
82
Reaction score
48
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all,

i just picked up this 3.5-4” clam and was hoping someone can help definitively identify it. Was sold as a maxima and looks like it but its shell doesn’t quite match pictures I’ve seen.

I unfortunately can’t get a picture of the basal opening as it attached to the tank bottom. (Was sitting on a flat rock under the sand but moved off and attached to the glass)

Thanks in advance!

9857413C-A735-468D-9FDD-57EE9C3F567D.jpeg 8B087304-9C9C-4A6D-BDEF-64D2972CD94A.jpeg
 
Thanks guys. That’s what I thought but the shell looked smoother and almost crocea clam like but the mantle definitely looked maxima so I just wanted to verify.
 
Maxima
 
I’ll agree the shell looks derasa ish buts it’s a maxima.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new