Clam issue. Help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter EpicWin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EpicWin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2011
Messages
468
Reaction score
17
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an issue where my tank took a plummet while I was away in china. Coraline grew on the area of my clam that is usually bone white and the clam sticks it's mantle over. Now my perams are fixed but my clam pretty much never fuly comes out. Any ideas?
 
Coralline grew over areas that usually show new growth? The clam is not fully expanding it's mantel now?

An image would help immensely please?
Have you looked for Pyramid Snails?
Does the clam look like it might be showing the signs of Pinched Mantle Disease?
Type of lighting please.
 
I appologize I have no pic ATM. Will get one ASAP. So here is a bad description. The wavy place that the clam usually expands flesh over is covered in coraline. No pests I know of and I have looked carefully
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new