clam not fully extending mantle Help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter fpm06001
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I'm not a clam expert guys, what are the water parameters needed to keep them? I just had one die but my guess is either my lights weren't revved up enough, or stone other coral that are close kept stinging it
 
update: clam is happy again, mantle is extending (more than it previously did)

will get photos soon
 
I'm not a clam expert guys, what are the water parameters needed to keep them? I just had one die but my guess is either my lights weren't revved up enough, or stone other coral that are close kept stinging it
When small they need good regular feeding, water needs to be pretty pristine as well. And for the sake of the old man upstairs, once you place them, don't move them.

I've always recommended placing them on a small calcium plate or inside a larger clam shell for the threads to attach to. Halides are a must for some, others will thrive under t5

I've kept them for extended periods under halides with similar parameters to keeping acros.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new