Clam Protection

  • Thread starter Thread starter jpas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jpas

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2018
Messages
488
Reaction score
386
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 1028945 Well my Queen Angel has decided to eat my maxima clam and has been eyeing my blue Squamosa. So I 3D printed small protected area. The lid comes off to put the clam in. We will see if it keeps out the fish!

27E153FB-C74D-4ADC-AB5C-C0DD575E7A3F.jpeg


59C4212D-A316-4D8B-B011-8B33F6EC06E7.jpeg


View attachment 1028931
 
The Queen is over 8”, so he won’t be able to get in. Unless he knocks it over
 
For now my goal is to keep it alive! I’ll put in my frag tank once it’s up and running.
 
I have same problem with yellow wrasse pinching my maxima

Any idea if wrasse will forget the taste?
I did 2-3 days protection but he didn’t forget

I will try to increase protection time 1-2 weeks to see if it helps

Any comments?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new