Clam trouble.

  • Thread starter Thread starter GoReefin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GoReefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2020
Messages
1,111
Reaction score
1,106
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had this beautiful 3 inch was told tank raised clam for around 6 to 8 weeks now and all was going well till this monday I noticed his mantle was slightly retracted on one side which has not improved or worsened. I looked under him and saw some very small red bug like creatures but no snail shells at all.

Tank is over a year old now using a AI prime as light source.

20211007_103949.jpg
 
Well I think I found the problem. My alkalinity is super low at 5 or 89.5 ppm. I have alkalinity I can add. Any thoughts on how quickly I should raise it?
 
Clams need super stable conditions no change in alk or calcium is tolerated they will close up for awhile. fresh water dips can help with pinched mantle definitely inspect for parasites :) this is my giant maxima they are pretty simple as long as you keep your parameters on point with a natural reef and you feed phyto and roids
 

Attachments

  • 6A65E7FB-853F-4E81-BBF4-CA54ACDE68E9.jpeg
    6A65E7FB-853F-4E81-BBF4-CA54ACDE68E9.jpeg
    239.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 94906702-B146-4CF9-B0C2-7FDCC71D84D5.jpeg
    94906702-B146-4CF9-B0C2-7FDCC71D84D5.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 52
There are differing opinions, but don't raise alk more than .5 in a 24 hour period.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new