Clam under ati 39 watt 4 bulb

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mrx7899
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2016
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
970
Location
Hamilton nj
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been wanting a clam for my tank and I was at the lfs today they have 2 maxima's that are around 3 inches. I have a 156 watt 4 bulb ati t5 with 2 blue + and 2 coral +. The light is 20 inches off my sand bed I have sps that are growing fine do I have enough light
 
They like lots of light. I had mine under 4 bulb ATI bulbs at 18inch deep and it looked great.
 
I have room to lower my lights a couple of inches, and the piece of rock I want to put it on is about 15 inches from the light so I should be good
 
You should be fine however clams typically like to be on the sand bed and dont always stay where you put them. Even on the sand bed you should be ok
 
Thanks for the help going to go this weekend and pick one up if they are still there. Been doing some research and saw a couple threads about peppermint shrimp messing with clams anyone have this problem
 
I cant say I have had a problem with it. I have had them clean the shell of the clam which bothers it a little but when the shrimp is done it goes away and the clam is back and happy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new