Clam??!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amy Yates
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Amy Yates

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
38
Reaction score
27
Location
Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just above my tuxedo urchin when I was spot feeding in the area I noticed something close/move rapidly upon inspection I noticed this, blasted it with a tiny bit of air with the turkey baster and it closed again reopening seconds later.

I've had marine for 3 years but never seen this before [emoji23]
20180303_202317.jpg
 
They are filter feeders, and very effective at it. I have had some as hitchhikers live for a decade, or more. These were on Pacific rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new