Clams, Alk, Mag

  • Thread starter Thread starter LardLad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LardLad

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
431
Reaction score
324
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to get into clams. I have read about their needs and I think I might be good with clams except for one thing...

I use Red Sea Coral Pro salt that mixes up high in ALK and Mag.
I see people saying not to go over 9 DKH. Also >1500 Mag.

Any thoughts from the pros?
 
2 hippo, gigas, 2 derasa, squammy, 2 maxima and a crocea in my system.

Keep my alk 9.5-10dkh, mag 1400, temp 82.

All have grown, some doubled since I got them. Not sure if the extra 100 mag would matter, I suspect not
7CA1112C-4954-447B-91C1-3A91326605FA.jpeg
 
I have a beautiful clam too, and i use red sea pro mix too, no issue's here
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new