Clams and angels

  • Thread starter Thread starter danielsalt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

danielsalt

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2017
Messages
63
Reaction score
84
Location
Gothenburg, Sweden
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basicly a short and sweet question, what are peoples experiences with dwarf angels and tridacnas?
Is there any type that tends to be worse and for that matter, less risky?

I do ofcourse know that any fish potentially can become a clam-eater, but i figure if im set on keeping a dwarf and clams i might aswell use the best odds possible ;)
 
My Coral Beauty leaves my clams alone. I had a Cherub and it nipped my clams and had to be re-homed. Potters are reported to be more clam friendly but it really depends on the individual fish.
 
My flameback mostly leaves my derasa alone. I see him occasionally nip the edges, but haven't noticed and damage to the mantle. I do fully expect to see the clam crush him one day for being a jerk.
 
I have new potters, about 5 weeks now, eats great, so far so good.....
sorry phone pic
oaupn8w.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new