Clams and dwarf angelfish

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2022
Messages
1,857
Reaction score
4,130
Location
Middle TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Evening,

Has anyone every had experience with a clam and angelfish? Specifically Coral Beauties. I have a beautiful bright orange Coral Beauty in my qt tank going through copper. And I was considering a maxima clam.

It seems CBs are the "most" reef safe. This one is likely full grown or close to it.... If i keep him full of food will it less likely target a clam?

1754267575218.png
 
There are no guarantees, but I personally, have never had a coral beauty nip at any of my corals or a clam. All angelfish can go rogue at some point, though.

Certainly feeding well will lesson the chances.
 
There are no guarantees, but I personally, have never had a coral beauty nip at any of my corals or a clam. All angelfish can go rogue at some point, though.

Certainly feeding well will lesson the chances.
Do you think adding the clam before the fish will help any?
 
Do you think adding the clam before the fish will help any?
I know some of my larger angels will go after something that is new in the tank, so I’m thinking it could be helpful to have it in the tank before the fish.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new