Clams from ORA secton of LiveAquaria.

lonelyfloat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have been on the fence about a squamosa clam for my 75 gallon tank and I've had bad experiences with DD clams in the past. Are the non-WYSIWYG ones in the ORA section of LA any better?

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@squiderp12 I had a similar thought and emailed their customer service team. This was their response.. I will not be purchasing one! Good luck with whatever you decide!
C5CEE257-AAB2-4651-8189-A7BB982F9B93.jpeg
9E30C247-DBA0-40A4-B264-54202D4E25EE.jpeg
C5CEE257-AAB2-4651-8189-A7BB982F9B93.jpeg

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered many clams in the past. I have had my clam system wiped out twice over the past 8 years, both by clams from DD, I had thought perhaps whatever was going on in their system had improved in that time, I was wrong.

However I have also ordered clams from ORA section of LA's site that ship directly from ORA in Florida and the health and quality of the clams have been fantastic. I would not hesitate to order ORA clams again, but will never order clams from DD.

I currently have derasa and squammy clams from ORA directly that have been doing great well over a year, maybe two by now.

OP
OP
lonelyfloat

lonelyfloat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered many clams in the past. I have had my clam system wiped out twice over the past 8 years, both by clams from DD, I had thought perhaps whatever was going on in their system had improved in that time, I was wrong.

However I have also ordered clams from ORA section of LA's site that ship directly from ORA in Florida and the health and quality of the clams have been fantastic. I would not hesitate to order ORA clams again, but will never order clams from DD.

I currently have derasa and squammy clams from ORA directly that have been doing great well over a year, maybe two by now.
Are the ORA squammies fairly accurate color-wise to the photo on LiveAquaria?

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the ORA squammies fairly accurate color-wise to the photo on LiveAquaria?
IMO, you need to remember one thing about clam pics... everyone shows top down photos, but most people do not have a look down tank... clams look different when viewed from the side.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just received an ORA Live Aquaria clam from FL today and it looks and acts very healthy. It's a Hippopus which is not a clam that I had heard of previously. It was pretty reasonably priced and is not as showy as the other species of greater clams. Still it looks to be in excellant health and I am happy with it.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an ORA Live Aquaria clam from FL today and it looks and acts very healthy. It's a Hippopus which is not a clam that I had heard of previously. It was pretty reasonably priced and is not as showy as the other species of greater clams. Still it looks to be in excellant health and I am happy with it.
Nice! I love my hippo clams, one of my favorite species.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back