Clams make my heart jump!

I don’t think I have 350+ par on this clam, my LPS wouldn’t like it. Yes I have a par meter, not 350 on bottom of tank. Messily 500x is dialed down, it’s a 34g tank.
 
Any NPS clam owners out there? Here are some of my Quahogs (Mercenaria mercenaria) which are receiving phytoplankton daily. Quahogs are found in both coldwater and tropical environments:
96844956-FCEC-4197-841D-9BBB8B1E0F45.jpeg


They can actually burrow away rather quickly; these photos were taken within a second of one another:
8548C4FF-0167-4503-854A-8134A1BE98E6.png

38252394-5169-46C8-BFC8-B8CE230C61F4.png


The clam’s burrowing foot (white disk) is on the left and the siphon is on the right:
B7FFC8CF-5B30-499D-9549-B871D383209A.jpeg

Clam Chowder, Yum!
Mercenaria mercenaria seems to be a preferred species for clam chowder… my clams have now taken offense to your comment ;).
 
Last edited:
Got my lonely clam two more friends
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 57
I don’t think I have 350+ par on this clam, my LPS wouldn’t like it. Yes I have a par meter, not 350 on bottom of tank. Messily 500x is dialed down, it’s a 34g tank.
Supposed to be Kessil, phone did it’s own thing.
 
I actually have a variety of NPS oysters (Spondylus spp. I think) and a few others that hitchhiked on the live rock and on the shells of my maximas. They’ve grown a ton, since I feed a lot of liquid food to the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new