Clams make my heart jump!

I also like clams.. :). There are 3 in this photo..
D794C8B2-7D38-4BEF-8BAD-6CE073E4D4DC.png
Correction.. 4.. :)
 
Caught all 3 in about 5 seconds but I’ve spent a lot of time on reefs looking for clams!
I’m also a huge fan @Miami Reef!

here are the six I have in the sump (for scale the big green one is about 30cm!):



3 more in another system






I have 3 more in the system with the sump clams but no video. Total 7 maxima 2 crocea and 1 noae
 
Caught all 3 in about 5 seconds but I’ve spent a lot of time on reefs looking for clams!
I’m also a huge fan @Miami Reef!

here are the six I have in the sump (for scale the big green one is about 30cm!):



3 more in another system






I have 3 more in the system with the sump clams but no video. Total 7 maxima 2 crocea and 1 noae

Are those saddlebacks in the haddoni ?
 
Gosh. Guys, I think I’m in love with clams.

I always knew I loved clams, since many years ago.

I went to the LFS a few days ago and saw new maxima clams. I could feel my heart jump with excitement!

Does anyone else share the love I have for clams? They are so cute the way they get shy and close up when something approaches them, then their mantles slow crawl back and extends. Their round valves.

I’m in love with clams. :D
Clam Chowder, Yum!
 
Wow! Those are very nice clams.

I always wanted a clam but my rank is only 18 months old. Maybe some day.
I already have a little clam holder for when the time comes!

What do you feed your clams?
Light (350+ par) and whatever NO3, PO4, and organics are floating in the water. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new