Clarisea connectors - anyone know what the plug name is or where to source them?

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm talking about the connectors that connect their controller to the float switch and motor. They are a plug in connector with an o-ring and threaded nut.

I'd like the get a male and female end (so a set).

I'll then make a fly lead up that I could insert in there (think of it as an extension cord). The purpose would be to grab the status of either the float switch.

I could use this on a digital input of a Profilux. I could set a dosing head to react to the digital input. With an appropriate size "container" and dosing rate I could measure (with a fair degree of accuracy) how much mat had rolled through/how much was left before the roll ran out.

If it all turns pair shaped I won't have cut any of the existing Clarisea cables and the extra piece could be removed.

Thanks

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a picture is worth a thousand words, but being you didn't include one by reading your 1000 words it sounds like your needing a 'cannon plug'
1000 words attached. Having trouble finding being the one that fits complete with oring and nut
PXL_20210901_020507165.jpg

KC's CNC Creations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could use this on a digital input of a Profilux. I could set a dosing head to react to the digital input. With an appropriate size "container" and dosing rate I could measure (with a fair degree of accuracy) how much mat had rolled through/how much was left before the roll ran out.
went back and read your OP again.............. if you're going to use the float switch trigger as an indication of how much fleece was used, that's not going to work as the motor will always advance linearly but the fleece roll will not.

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
went back and read your OP again.............. if you're going to use the float switch trigger as an indication of how much fleece was used, that's not going to work as the motor will always advance linearly but the fleece roll will not.
Thats true, but once "calibrated" I will have an accurate idea of time left before the roll runs out wouldn't i?

I don't care if I have used 30m or 35m of fleece, I care I have about 10% of runtime left before it needs replacing (the Profilux actually calculates days left based on runtime since "container" was emptied.

I thought about setting up a little wheel to run along the fleece but that was a lot harder to do.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back