Clarisea Filter Fleece Issue

siyoung07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else experienced this with the Clarisea SK5000? I loaded a brand new fleece and it seems like the water can’t pass through it, as if it’s covered is some sort of waterproof substance. I’ve been running the Clarisea on this tank for a year now, replacing the fleece on average every 6 weeks. It’s been functioning absolutely fine. The new fleece causes the chamber to fill with water immediately, triggering the float switch and rolling on the filter, making no difference to the water level. The fleece is completely clean coming out the unit and almost dry to the touch. I’ve tried reducing the return to the lowest possible setting and making sure the float switch is raised as high as possible. Only way to solve is to open the bypass, which causes water noise and means no mechanical filtration. Awaiting a response from D-D now.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would see what DD says, probably Tony, they should be able to sort it for you

daryl1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a new roll a few weeks back from my local shop. I fit it last weekend and the alarm kept going off after a few hours. I turned it off as I've been busy busy work. Just checked my new roll and exactly the same thing. It's like it's completely waterproof. Nothing can go through the fleece. Must be a bad batch going about. My local shop not answering the phone like usual.. did you get any response?

Yellow Coris Wrasse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else experienced this with the Clarisea SK5000? I loaded a brand new fleece and it seems like the water can’t pass through it, as if it’s covered is some sort of waterproof substance. I’ve been running the Clarisea on this tank for a year now, replacing the fleece on average every 6 weeks. It’s been functioning absolutely fine. The new fleece causes the chamber to fill with water immediately, triggering the float switch and rolling on the filter, making no difference to the water level. The fleece is completely clean coming out the unit and almost dry to the touch. I’ve tried reducing the return to the lowest possible setting and making sure the float switch is raised as high as possible. Only way to solve is to open the bypass, which causes water noise and means no mechanical filtration. Awaiting a response from D-D now.
I’m having the same issue with a new roll for my Clarisea. Did you get a response from D & D about this?

Bgriff0819

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get a answer??? I’m having same problem two different rolls

Yellow Coris Wrasse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted D&D Aquatics about the problems I was having with the roll. They responded right away and said they had a bad batch of rolls. They mailed me a new roll quickly and without hassle. I recommend you email them.

Wyz1981

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issue. Just changed roll and water level high all the time. Couldn’t figure out what changed. Notice the material won’t let water through.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 78 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back