ClariSea plumbing.

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Curious how people plumb their ClariSea? I have a Reefer 350 and the drain is 32mm so I had to buy a slip x slip 32mm to 1”. I was thinking of hard line into the ClariSea so I could remove it, but would a piece of flex be easier? Is that something people even do?

youcallmenny1

The Lobster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Bubble Magus filter roller I have came with a perfectly fit flex hose for my Red Sea plumbing and clamps. Works great! I don't think I'd want to hard plumb it honestly, it does need to come out occasionally.

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can, but it’s not easy. I did it on my 525xl, and replaced the redsea valve with a sears 1” valve. The red sea plumbing is considered 1”, but barely fits into a normal 1” pvc fitting. I had to put lots of pvc cement and silicone to seal. If you don’t replace the valve, and just connect original piping with a single coupler, you’ll have to use a lot of cement and silicone. Otherwise it will leak. It’s definitely worth it if you can do it.

image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
R

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can, but it’s not easy. I did it on my 525xl, and replaced the redsea valve with a sears 1” valve. The red sea plumbing is considered 1”, but barely fits into a normal 1” pvc fitting. I had to put lots of pvc cement and silicone to seal. If you don’t replace the valve, and just connect original piping with a single coupler, you’ll have to use a lot of cement and silicone. Otherwise it will leak. It’s definitely worth it if you can do it.

image.jpg image.jpg
My Red Sea drain is 32mm. You can buy a 32mm to 1” slip and everything fits together perfectly.

I was just thinking about using flex 1” out if the coupling and Into the inlet unglued so I could remove it.

dcuevas74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Red Sea drain is 32mm. You can buy a 32mm to 1” slip and everything fits together perfectly.

I was just thinking about using flex 1” out if the coupling and Into the inlet unglued so I could remove it.

Where did you get the 32mm to 1" slip? I was thinking of doing the same to my new 425 XL.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back